Saturday, January 31, 2009

Your Grace Still Amazes Me...

I just talked to Betty Eldridge in Knoxville. I read in our church prayer email that her husband died. He has been an invalid for years, and she has taken care of him all that time. She was surprised when I called her from Korea. I said, "I just read about your husband and wondered how you were doing."

Betty said, "Well, I'll tell you... the Lord has healed my husband."

Faith is a mysterious thing. It comes to us from God Himself. It gives us strength and even shows itself when our confusion and questions seem to overwhelm us. Someone recently asked me, "Does faith grow?" I answered, "Yes, it grows. It begins small and grows as God reveals Himself more and more. Faith is even demonstrated by the simple prayer, 'Lord, give me faith to believe in you.' That prayer shows a recognition that He is indeed the author of everything."

Betty is a tremendous example of faith. She has been consistent and steadfast in her trust in God and acknowledgment of His grace. God give us all the same wisdom and attitude.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen." You should read all of Hebrews 11.

God always seems to confirm His message using different sources at the same time. Just before I read about Betty's husband I received this video...

1 comment:

Susan said...

chewie - we miss you little guy!