Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleepless in South Korea...

One benefit of living half-way around the world from home is that there is always a friend awake. I've got new friends with whom I share the daylight hours, but sometimes I'm a nocturnal creature. I've had several nights like this, unable to sleep, and it is always encouraging to be able to call home and talk to someone. My 2:00 a.m. is lunch time there. So, I call and catch up and receive that intangible something that makes us family.

I wondered briefly what I would do after returning, but then I remembered that I have friends here who will gladly carry on a conversation no matter the hour where I am. It reminds me of another friend I have...

Psalm 121
1
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.

No comments: