Friday, January 23, 2009

My Vision (Part 2)...

Before you read this post, you should read "My Vision..." just below.

If you could have any wild animal as a totally domesticated, tame pet, what would it be? I'm not talking about an animal you tie up in the back yard. I'm talking about a pal, a buddy, a playmate, a companion. Someone you could talk to and who would trust you with his life. Have you decided yet? I have...

I want a hippo. Think about it. I could walk my hippo. I could play fetch with my hippo. I could rub my hippo's belly and make him kick his leg (away from furniture of course). I could lay in the grass with my hippo and use his belly as a pillow. I could convert the back yard into a hippo playground complete with mud pit. I could train him to use the newly installed car wash before he comes in the house. I could impress the ladies by taking him to the dog park. He could do tricks, and I could enter him in local agility competitions. There is just one restriction I can think of: the bed would be completely off limits.

I read in Revelation about the new heaven and the new earth. I imagine it will be what God originally intended, only better. We will enjoy full lives and relationship with Him unhindered by sin. We will tend the garden and interact with the animals free of fear or danger. And I will have a hippo friend...and maybe a lion. We'll go places together and enjoy God's new creation. You can come, too...

I was looking around on the net for some pictures and could not resist including these:

Walking your hippo...
Photogenic hippo...Swimming with your hippo...And here is the touching story of Owen & Mzee (click here)...

No comments: