Thursday, January 15, 2009

WOW...

God continues to demonstrate His presence and power in my life. I'm aware some of you are worried about me after the last post. But don't miss the real message. There could be no shadow in the valley if the light of God's presence did not exist. And it is during those dark times that we see God's light the most.

As you might expect, God speaks to me most often in a language I understand...music. I wish I had counted the number of times this has happened in the past 3 months. It seems every week He uses someone else to send me a special message. It has been through the scripture passage chosen for the sermon. It has been through videos. And it has been through songs others have chosen for worship times. Last night was the latest example.

I went to Seoul again and worshiped with the Praise Team at Calvary church. I was there early and practiced with the band and Pyeong Su, the worship leader. Each week he says to me, "You are free!" which means, "Sing in English while we sing in Hangeul. We'll worship God together." He had selected 10 songs to use during the 1 hour praise time. Several of the songs were familiar, and I printed up the words ahead of time. The others were fairly easy to pick up, and I enjoyed singing the Hangeul.

As we reached the last song, a familiar feeling began to rise inside me. I hadn't taken the time to examine it beforehand, but at that moment I knew God was speaking again. The title of the song is "Still."

[Verse 1]
Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

[Chorus]
When the oceans rise
And thunders roar
I will soar with You
Above the storm
Father You are King
Over the flood
I will be still and know
You are God

[Verse 2]
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

Now, what would you think was going on? God was sending me a clear message...again. He said, "I heard you yesterday talking about the storm in your life. I want to prove to you once again that I know exactly what is going on. You can trust me. Rely on me. Be still."

That's how it has been over here. Time after time, God has proven Himself faithful. I still don't have the answers I seek, but I'm at peace...for the most part. (Jeff still tries to handle the situation sometimes.) Just remember, peace and joy CAN exist during the storm. In fact, that's when they are the most powerful.

Here's the song again...enjoy.

3 comments:

Susan said...

"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my father...."

Jeff said...

Right! :)

Susan said...

Love you...It's OK everyone, I'm his sister. AND, I think he's awesome!