Sunday, February 1, 2009

Patience and Other Things...

I need a bag. Just a simple, cheap duffel to put some extra things in. My luggage is full, and I bought some gifts, so I need a bag. I mentioned it to one of the ladies here, and that's where the patience comes in. I've actually learned a bit of patience here. There is nothing quite like standing silently for 10 minutes while 3 ladies discuss the various aspects of your neediness. They talked and talked, about exactly what I don't know, except I did hear the words Costco and Home Plus a couple of times. Also, I can read hand gestures pretty well, so I know they were working out a solution. Ten minutes later I was told what was going to be done. Just like that, problem solved.

I could get used to this.

Hwang Cheol and his family took me to get my bag. The place was crowded and we had to go all the way to the top of the parking garage. Keep in mind the garage is above the 4-story store. We went up and up and up, and I commented to Do Rae Mi that if we kept going we would be in heaven early. The kids were fun as usual, and I kept them worked up. Ye-Na helped me read the names under the characters on the board at the photo shop. When I do something right, she rewards me with a big thumbs up.





We ate at Lotteria and that's when I saw the sign through the glass door. I'll let them tell you where we went.

No comments: