Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas...

The decorations are up at church. The other day the ladies were working inside while the staff men were hanging the garland around the outside windows. One thing that's the same here...they make the Worship Pastor climb the ladder in the worship center. With pins in his mouth, he was hanging fabric on the wall when I walked in. I thought, "Angie would appreciate him."

There is not as much in the way of public decoration. Remember, Christians are a minority here, and although Christmas is commercialized, it is not nearly as much as in the States. I haven't seen any live trees for sale. Actually, the only decorations I've seen available in my neighborhood are at the flower shop next door. She has some nice artificial trees, decorated and lighted, about a meter (uh, 3 feet) tall. But she's asking $55 for them. Since I'm not staying, I think I'll try to find something cheaper. Maybe some lights strung along the ceiling. That would look nice.

The other day in the office I was working on something at my desk and heard a familiar sound. I instinctively started singing along before I realized what is was. It was my old buddy Bing singing, "It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...." After searching out the source, I found that David has a whole collection of Bing on his computer. David and I get along great, and now I know why. We're kindred spirits.

For your listening pleasure:
http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=QMPBYpczq0Y

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey,

It's your math sister. A meter is 3.28 feet.

All the decorations are up at our house --- finally.

You know, about your previous blog, I would probably love the shrimp burger. Sounds a lot like shrimp toast at the Chinese restaurants. Love it!

S.

Jeff said...

Yeah, yeah and George Washington's birthday is the square root of 3. Don't be a show-off.

;)