Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning in Korea...

Choir cantata...worship...celebration...friends...family...the perfect Christmas. During the service, the infant boy next to me reached for me, and his mother handed him over. I held him and bounced my knee as he played with the zipper on my Korean/English Bible. The smell...the sound...the warmth...the feel of his fine hair against my cheek...the delicate fingers wrapped around my pinky...how Joseph must have wondered in awe as he held the Creator of Heaven and Earth in his arms.

About halfway through the music, Yu Na came up from further back in the room and squeezed in under my arm. She's 8. We sat there together until it was over, clapping our hands together in applause. What a wonderful gift I received this Christmas.The soloist is doing double duty.
I think you'll recognize this song.

No comments: