Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm a Bigger Man In Korea...

I just got back from Home Plus. It's Korea's version of Wal-Mart and one of the reasons it failed here. I've been looking for a sweater and like the cut of the Korean clothes. Since I've lost a little weight I've been really annoyed at all the extra material American manufacturers give me just because of my neck and shoulders. So, I took the 162 to Home Plus.

I walked up to the first store clerk I saw and in my expert Korean pointed to myself and tugged on my shirt. She nodded and held up 3 fingers indicating that Men's clothes was on the 3rd floor. (This language thing is easy.) Having been to some other stores already, I knew my size. I asked another clerk, "Bek ship? (110)" She thought for a second and took me to the far reaches of the Men's section. There we found 2 items that had been picked over and for good reason. That's how it is everywhere. They look at me with wide eyes and then show me the box under the counter.

I guess I'll have to eat more donuts and be happy with what I've got.

No comments: