Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy Week...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. The week was busier than expected.
I have a new addiction..."kyul". They are manderine oranges, and they are everywhere. They peel easily, are seedless and sweet. I can eat almost as many kyul at one time as Krispy Kreme donuts. Every Tuesday, a little market appears in the center parking lot of my apartment complex. They have all sorts of fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and various grain products. I got the 5,000won bag.

Well, Friday I dropped by the local bakery to satisfy my sweet tooth. I attempt to control myself by only taking a couple of things home. The problem is that it's only a block away. At least I have to walk there. Anyway, while I was examining the possibilities, another caucasian man entered the store. As usual, we immediately had something in common and stuck up a conversation. He told me his name is John, and he's originally from the states but now lives in Australia. He was visiting for the weekend to attend a wedding. Then he said the majic words, "Why are you here?"

Never has there been an easier way to share Jesus. I told him of the English Congregation and gave him a brochure I just happened to have in my pocket. He seemed interested, so I wrote my phone number, too. Sure enough, on Sunday morning he called. He and a friend attended our joint English/Korean worship service. He's on his way back to Australia today, so I may never see him again. But I'm glad for the chance to share my Jesus with him. Perhaps one day in heaven I'll be in the manna store and look up to see a familiar face...

No comments: