Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Your Daejeon Travel Guide...

I found a nice ebook you can look through.
http://tour.daejeon.go.kr/ebook/data/ebook.html?startpage=1&MailingID=[null]&RcptEmail=[null]&dbookdata=1

Also, here's a bus map.
http://tour.daejeon.go.kr/english/tourguide/transportation/busroutes.pdf

Find the National Government Complex near the center. I live in Sinseong-dong (pronounced Shinsong) half-way to the map edge at about 11 o'clock from the National Government Complex. I take the 185 bus east to the T intersection. Everlove Church is just south of that stop. If I continue south, I can go to the Movies, EMart or the Galleria which is on the curve just south of the National Government Complex.

There is a single Subway line (in red) that goes from the Government Complex to the south and east. You can see it better on page 2 of the map. Find Daejeon Station. That's where the KTX (high speed train) leaves for Seoul. Only 40 minutes and I can be in Gwangmyeong-si where Calvary Church is. There are 45 KTX trains per day, and it only costs 19,600 won which at the moment is less than $14.

I don't have to go far for the comforts of home. There are Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE. There is even one right across the street behind my building. (At least I have to walk to it.)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Check out Google Earth latitude/longitude coordinates:

36° 21’ 41.35” N 127° 23’ 02.50” E

That's the National Gov't Center.

Jeff - What are the coordinates of your apartment?

Jeff said...

Everlove Church:
36°23'3.81"N 127°22'36.72"E

My Apartment:
36°23'9.98"N 127°20'55.44"E

Dunkin Donuts:
36°23'11.00"N 127°20'55.87"E

Susan said...

Love those numbers! Where's Crackle Barrel?

Unknown said...

So do the donuts compare to the ones at home? How about to Krispy Kreme?

Jeff said...

Haven't been to Krispy Kreme yet. But I will make it a priority.