Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chi...

Remember my Vietnamese friend Chi? He made it clear the other day that he was not a Christian. He was not trying to throw it back in my face. He was merely stating that we are not the same in our worldview. I found out later that it also means he was opening up to discussion. Saturday night I sought him out after Worship. We enjoyed some general conversation. He explained some things about himself and his home. God guided our conversation and presented an opening for me to explain the uniqueness of Christianity--namely that it's not a religion but a relationship, and that it's based upon a living Savior rather than a dead teacher. I also shared Jesus' own words from John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

As we talked, I noticed a couple of the church leaders joining us, and one of them had a tract in her hand. I felt at peace about allowing the conversation to end there. In my mind, I felt it was a beginning for future conversation. I did not know God was using me as one cog in the machine. After Chi and I parted, Mrs. Choi went to him with a copy of the "Four Spiritual Laws." He allowed her to share with Him the wondrous grace of Jesus, and Chi gave his life to God right there.

Fulfillment...to be used for God's glory. Nothing can match that.

Do you know the "Four Spiritual Laws?" Check them out...
http://4laws.com/laws/english/flash/

2 comments:

Robert said...

My first reaction was WOW, but when you think about it, that is what it is all about...allowing yourself to be used by God...He does all of the real work!

Unknown said...

I have nothing to say...just a smile. :)