Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How Time Does Fly...

How time does fly. I can’t believe the day is finally here. It’s more than 2 months since Benny called me with this proposal, and all those weeks are gone. It reminds me that 3 months in Korea will fly by the same way. Benny put me in touch with Robert Hale. He's the SBC Missionary in Daejeon. We have had several good conversations about the mission, I'm excited to meet him.

Most of you are not aware of the headaches I’ve had the last several weeks. Besides the preparations for my absence at church, I’ve had a bathroom to remodel. I started it before all this came about and since then I’ve scrambled to get it finished so there would be a functional bathroom for Erin while she house sits. I know now that I never want to be a contractor. The plumber got sick, and that pushed everything back, requiring me to find other people to do the job. Thanks to those of you who helped me find folks.

With all the last minute scrambling, haven’t had time to think much about the adventure, but reality hit me last night. I’m actually going to live in another country. I’ve known others who did this sort of thing, but it never seemed possible for me. Being the type I am, analyzing everything to the last degree, I suppose I may have talked myself out of this if there had been time. But now I think God allowed all the last minute demands to occur to keep my thoughts occupied. Many times we can second guess what we know to be the right thing and back out of God’s will. Not this time. I’m so excited to see what He has in store.

No comments: