Saturday, November 8, 2008

KTX...

Korea Train Express. High speed transportation at a competitive price. Only $15 took me the 90 miles from Gwangmyeong to Taejeon in 40 minutes. That's 200 miles per hour folks. You may not realize this, but I like speed. ALOT! This thing is fast...but it's a little misleading. It's a little like the interstate with everything so far away that you don't realize your actual speed. I was looking out the window and watching the scenery go by. I thought, we're really moving. That's when the other train passed us. Wow! A thing that size going that fast really moves some air. My train was rocked, and there was a brief roar outside. That's a dozen train cars going by in about a second and a half.

I met IMB missionary Robert Hale and his family. We went to dinner with Jamie Van Dyck. He's the canadian man who works at the Christian school. He apartment sits near the Hale's and I will be staying there for now. I really hit a jet lag wall last night. If you have not experienced it, you should. It's like a "headache/dizzy spell/nausea/I really want to go to sleep right now in this chair" feeling. What is really strange is that one minute you feel fine and the next you feel terrible. It usually hits me right about the time you are waking up in Knoxville. It cleared up after a while and then I just wanted to sleep. I slept my first full night last night and feel pretty good. Looking forward to a big day.

There is a get to know you lunch with the Praise Team and later today we will practice and lead worship tonight. Tomorrow I will worship with and be introduced at the mother church, Everlove. I will also go to the other English speaking congregation and get to know them. It should be an exciting weekend.

Thank you God for all the ways you have provided. You have put generous people in my path and provided at every turn. I can only imagine what you have in store as this adventure really begins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What?!? You love speed? I never would have guessed that in a million years. :) (Can you sense the dripping sarcasm?)