Tuesday, November 4, 2008

On My Way...


Well, I didn’t know 4 o’clock happened twice a day. You guys who get up that early for the fun of it are crazy. My dad got me to the airport at 5:00 a.m., and everything ran like clockwork. The ladies at the ticket counter were very helpful and even apologetic for charging me for my overweight bags. Security was a breeze. When I checked in at the gate I noticed the ticket ladies had appeared there. I joked with them about doing everything. One of them said, “Just about.” After boarding, we were just about to be pushed back from the gate, and I glanced out the window. Guess who. That’s right, dressed in yellow vests and waving red flashlights were the same two ladies. Now I know why United is cheaper than Delta.

God gave me a beautiful sunrise this morning. Layovers in Chicago and San Francisco then to Inchon and Seoul. With the time changes, I had 3 breakfasts. I’ll stay in Seoul for a couple of days to spend some time with the people at Calvary church. Then on Friday I’ll move on to Taejeon, 90 miles south. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff,
Glad you made it safe and had an adventure at the airport. I can't wait to read about your upcoming experiences. I know God is going to do a great work through you and with you. Take care!

Ara

Richard said...

Hey Jeff,
I hope you are getting all of these messages. Glad to hear you made it safe to Korea. If you haven't noticed yet, I added your blog link to our church website. Everyone is excited to hear about your adventures and what God is doing in Korea. We all love you. God Bless!
Richard

The Knight Family said...

Hello Jeff~
I am glad you started a blog - now we can keep up with all your world wide adventures! We are praying for you in your missions & trusting God to bless you and keep you safe!
Love,
the Knightfamily
http://knightfamilyfive.blogspot.com

E said...

Glad you are safely in Seoul. I just realized how long that flight really is. As I was doing things during the day Monday I was thinking about where you would be at that time and the answer was always "hmm, probably still on a plane." ha! Fuzz and Jabba are doing good, even though I think Jabba still isn't so sure about me. Fuzz is adjusting better, I think. He's actually sleeping under the chair I'm in right now. Tell everyone I said hello and that we miss them.
-Erin