Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wednesday Night...

Wednesday was a full day. While the men are at work, many of the ladies participate in a morning bible study. This week, Pastor Won's wife taught. I didn't understand much, but picked up on a few words. I learned that "Kidok-kkyo" (기독교) is Chistian. The Korean language, while not easy is really not much different than ours. Unlike Chinese which has hundreds of symbols, the Korean lanuage is built on vowels and consonants, forming syllabols and words. 기 is Ki, 독 is dok and 교 is kkyo. Simple right? After bible study, we shared lunch together. The Korean people really are Baptist at heart. Food is everywhere.

Wednsesday evening I was once again thrust into the praise team. I was asked to sing a solo and shared my Korean version of "He Knows My Name." I was pleased to hear that my pronunciation was good. During the evening, I was reaquainted with several of my new friends. I got to spend a little time with them after worship and even hung around with the praise team for rehearsal. During that time, from 9:00 - 10:30 p.m., Pastor Won leads a Men's bible study. It is a year long discipleship time for future leaders of the church. He explained to me that after they graduate, he will decide which of them is ready to be leaders and enlist them.

This morning, Thursday, is the ladies version of the discipleship class. They begin with song and prayer and food of course. I slipped out because I've heard it all before. :) I think I'll wander the neighborhood and see what kind of trouble I can find...

1 comment:

E said...

Familiar faces... so amazing.