Friday, February 6, 2009

Funny Stories...

I'm remembering some things I don't think I wrote about and don't want to forget. I'll add them as they come to mind...

Pastor Paul was talking to me one night in December after Worship. He said he wanted to take me to the bath house. Daejeon is known for it's natural hot springs, and the bath house is a great place to relax. Families go there and enjoy the segregated hot tubs and the joint relaxation rooms and saunas. In the common areas, they have heated floors, televisions, snack bars and sports massage. You'll see people hanging around talking, playing games and sleeping. (We finally went my last day in Daejeon.)

During our December conversation, I had never seen the bath house and knew only about the segregated hot tub areas, where of course everyone walks around in the most natural state. As we were talking, Rachel Hale spoke up and asked, "Pastor Paul, is that where they have the karaoke?"

I'm a visual thinker...

Words form pictures in my head, and this one disturbed me. Pastor Paul saw the look on my face and questioned me. I said, "The only thing I could see was a bunch of naked men standing around singing karaoke." With that I put my hand in front of my face and tried to wipe the image away.

"Y-M-C-A..."

3 comments:

bless said...

I Love 찜질방!(bath house) and some places have karaoke..kiki :) anyway, have you been to 노래방(karaoke) in Korea?

Jeff said...

Next time. :)

Jeff said...

Ah 노래방 yeah I have.