Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a boy!!!!!!

Meet Jake! He's a brand new bouncing baby Christian. He's been my friend, and now he's my brother.
Jake has been attending the English church for a long time, and he has hung around with the praise team. He loves to sing. One night he asked me if he could sing with us. I explained to him that it was more than singing. Leading worship was making a statement about personal trust in Jesus Christ. Since he was not a Christian, it would not be appropriate. He agreed, and that began a series of conversations. I explained "faith". He asked, "Does faith grow?" I said, "It does. It begins as a seed planted by God Himself, and the simple act of asking God for faith is a demonstration of faith itself."

I gave him the booklet "Steps to Peace with God". It's in English and Korean. He read it "100 times." Pastor Paul had said Jake was ready, and I wanted to lead him to Christ, but i didn't have peace about it. I felt he needed to do it in Korean to be absolutely sure he understood. So I've prayed for him. Many have been praying for him. This morning I received a wonderful message from Pastor Paul...

Something exciting happened today. I met with Jake for lunch with the specific purpose of leading him to Christ. Well, it happened. Like I mentioned before, he was more than ready. I led him through the sinner's prayer in Korean. He was so very happy. I told him that he could now join the praise team beginning this Saturday. He was excited about that as well. We really had a nice conversation. When I mentioned to him that the prayer I led him through was basically the same as that of the "four spiritual laws." he said that he knew about it because you gave him one, which he read through and through. :) I told Jake that as a pastor these are the moments that we live for and thanked him for it. He in return was very grateful to me. It was just a wonderful moment.

Another great thing...
Pastor Paul is bi-vocational and has been teaching English at a public school full-time. He has been praying for a new work opportunity, one that will allow him greater flexibility to be the pastor he wishes to be. Once again, God shows His plan and power. Pastor Paul is now Professor Paul, teaching at a local University. The demands on His time are relaxed and he can now do what he is really called to do.

Give thanks to the LORD; call on His name;
proclaim His deeds among the peoples.

Sing to Him; sing praise to Him;
tell about all His wonderful works!

Honor His holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

(1 Chronicles 16:8-10)

No comments: