Thursday, October 29, 2009

냇 킹 콜...

So we're walking down the street passing little shops and produce markets. We stop in one store to speak with a lady, and she invites us in. I sit down with her on the little stoop in the back and begin to share the gospel message with her. My translator is kneeling in front of us, and the lady listens intently. As my translator is speaking, something odd competes for my attention. I hear it in the background as I share the next part of my message, and as the translator takes over, my mind focuses on the sound.

"Unforgettable... that's what you are...." Here I am, halfway around the world, in a tiny fish shop in the middle of an old neighborhood in South Korea. And from an old radio nearby comes the familiar sound of Nat King Cole. As I've said about a hundred other moments... only in Korea.

P.S. In case you haven't guessed already, the title of this post is "Nat King Cole" in Korean.

No comments: